Chateau on the Lake
F E A T U R I N G
Senior Pastor | First Assembly | Ft. Myers, FL
The Senior Pastor of First Assembly of God in Ft. Myers, Florida, is Dan Betzer, ordained 52 years ago, and a life-long veteran of broadcasting. He is known not only as a pastor but as a writer, television and radio host, and district and national executive with the Assemblies of God, and he is also known among multitudes of children through his “Dan and Louie” recordings. In 1940, at the age of three, Betzer began radio work on WNAX in Sioux City, Iowa, doing children’s and religious programs each weekend, singing and acting. By the time he was in college, he was a daily anchor on both radio and television news. Profoundly sensing God’s direction, he entered the ministry and began starting churches in Ohio.
• In December of 1986 he was elected Senior Pastor of First Assembly of God in Ft. Myers, a church he continues to pastor in his 29th year there. During those years, he has seen the congregation grow from a few hundred to its current 10,000 members and adherents and average weekend attendance of 6,700 including the satellite campuses.
• Betzer served as the assistant district superintendent of the Peninsular Florida District of the Assemblies of God for sixteen years and carried the portfolio of World Missions. He is now an honorary presbyter in that district.
• He has served for the past twenty years as an executive presbyter of the General Council for the Assemblies of God, which is the 20-member general board of directors of the denomination, and he has been a part of the General Presbytery for twenty-two years.
• For nearly seventeen years (1979-1995) Betzer was the speaker on the Assemblies of God syndicated radio broadcast REVIVALTIME, which was heard on over 600 stations each week in over 80 countries. He also wrote and hosted the two-minute weekday radio program BYLINE, heard on several hundred stations, and also wrote and hosted the one-minute television version, seen on scores of stations world-wide each weekday (TBN, CTN, Family-Net, Cornerstone Network and Daystar) . He currently hosts nine television programs and one radio program each week in southwest Florida.
• As a soloist, he has produced 17 albums and has sung with artists such as Ralph Carmichael and his orchestra, Dino, Larry Gatlin, the Blackwood Brothers, Lulu Roman, The Couriers and many others.
• Betzer has authored twenty-one published books, including a best-selling novel, and has a new book that will be released in August by the Assemblies of God. The book is titled Why Some Churches Are Blessed.
• For twenty years he was a board member of the National Religious Broadcasters Association.
• Betzer has been married to his wife Darlene for 59 years. They have four children – three daughters and a son – eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
• For relaxation, he enjoys travel (he has ministered in 62 nations), playing golf, fishing and reading.
Frank & Linda Cargill
Oklahoma District Pastors
S C H E D U L E
Monday // October 2
Tuesday // October 3
Wednesday // October 4
L O C A T I O N
R E G I S T E R
District Ministers Retreat is completely free for all Oklahoma Credentialed Ministers, but we please ask that you register for the event below.